Therefore, the program is designed with more emphasis on enhancing skills in applying statistics to industrial problem solving and the using common and specialized software packages for data analysis.
- This Business Statistics program from University of Moratuwa focuses on the application of statistics to explore, analyze, and forecast business data and to train participants with excellent quantitative skills in data analysis.
- More importantly participants should be able to properly communicate statistical outputs and to make scientific decisions based on statistical inferences in the fields such as business, finance, banking and government policy-making.
Main Study Areas:
- Statistical Thinking Analysis and Communication
- Statistical Concepts, Inference and Modelling
- Multivariate Statistical Data Modeling Techniques
- Operational Research
- Business Decision Modelling
- Survey Analysis in Business
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- An Honours Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Moratuwa;
- Any other four year degree in a relevant field from a recognized university as may be approved by the Senate;
- Any other three year degree in a relevant field from a recognized university, and a minimum of one year of appropriate experience after obtaining such degree as may be approved by the Senate;
- Any recognized category of membership of a recognized professional institute obtained through an academic route and with a minimum of one year of recognized appropriate experience after obtaining such membership as may be approved by the Senate.
Living costs for Moratuwa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.