It deals with services engineering issues, building the skills required to cope with modern construction challenges. As a conversion course, it gives a solid foundation for converting into, or accelerating, a career as a Building Services Engineer, or Technical Sustainability Consultant.
- This flexible Building Services Engineering programme from Heriot-Watt University is aimed at graduates or experienced construction professionals with a wide range of backgrounds in addition to Engineering, such as Project Management, Architecture, the Sciences or Mathematics.
- Courses are taught by experts in their fields ensuring that content reflects cutting-edge knowledge in the industry.
- Our active Industry Advisory Panel (including the last two CIBSE Chairs) also includes senior construction professionals from local and global consultants and contractors who help us keep the programme at the cutting edge, and relevant for challenges that lie ahead.
Our MSc Building Services Engineering has been accredited by Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) and the Energy Institute (EI) on behalf of the Engineering Council as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
- Design of Low Carbon Buildings
- Foundations of Energy
- Climate Change, Sustainability, and Adaptation
- Ventilation and Air Conditioning
- Water Supply and Drainage for Buildings
- Building Electrical and Lighting Services
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 50 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
- Minimum of 2:2 honours degree or equivalent academic qualification in cognate and semi-cognate subject area.
- Corporate (or chartered) membership of relevant professional institutions will also be considered.
International1400 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1400 GBP per module during 36 months.
National1400 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1400 GBP per module during 36 months.
- Students pay £1440 per course and £1850 for the Dissertation.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.