At the University of Moratuwa we offer a master degree in Architectural Conservation of Monument and Sites. First-two semesters will cover the theoretical aspects of conservation works, and the last-two semesters are allocated for a report on conservation project and a dissertation based on extensive empirical research.
Practical training and hands-on experience of live conservation projects under the guidance of expertise are integral part of the course programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCompulsory Modules:
- Philosophy and Principles in Heritage Conservation
- Tangible, Immovable Heritage of Sri Lanka
- Conservation Practices, Legislation and Charters
- Documentation in Conservation
- Urban Conservation
- Conservation Technology l & ll
- Painting Conservation
- Conservation Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Candidates for these two programs are drawn from wide field of expertise;Candidates for these two programs are drawn from wide field of expertise;
- Generally a 5 years Degree course in Architecture, recognized by the Faculty of Architecture and approved by the Senate.
- Or one of the following Degrees or a similar degree from a recognized University with a minimum of one year relevant experience recognized by the Faculty of Architecture after obtaining the Degree.
Living costs for Moratuwa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.