Approaching knitwear design from a creative, theoretical and technical viewpoint – whilst focusing on commercial relevance and product innovation.
The Knitwear (Design, Heritage and Production) programme at Heriot-Watt University aims to achieve a balance between taught material, acquisition of key skills and knowledge with applied practical exploration and inquiry into current and continually changing industry expectations.
Working closely with industry gives our students relevant insight and realistic expectations for employment in Knitwear Design, and related specialist areas, whilst equipping students with the ideal graduate attributes needed for a professional environment.
- Critically evaluate traditional and contemporary knitwear design and production practices to inform design output
- Develop the appropriate level of technical and creative skill for prototyping, visualising and communicating design ideas
- Identify and analyse appropriate methods of design, production and yarn selection for different market levels
- Respond innovatively to industrially and commercially relevant demands, restrictions and conventions, through industrial collaboration
- Research, understand and apply current developments in technology to design thinking
- Develop concepts and ideas that benefit the knitwear industry and enhance the sustainability of the discipline
More informationVisit official programme website
- Design Context
- Design Project
- Design Technology & Innovation
- Advanced Knitting Techniques & Practices
- Research Methodologies
- Materials: Testing & Exploration
- Knitwear Design & Production Communication
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods View 8 other Masters in Design in United Arab Emirates
- Normally a 2:1 in textile design, fashion design or equivalent workplace experience.
International14960 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14960 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7168 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7168 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part time fees:
Scotland / Non-UK EU: £3,584
England / Northern Ireland / Wales: £3,584
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.