This Civil Engineering Advanced program offered by Griffith University is designed to extend and deepen the knowledge and skills gained from an undergraduate degree in civil engineering.
It is ideal for professional civil engineers who aspire to develop their design skills and advance their capabilities to analyse and solve structural problems and manage projects across a wide range of real-world civil engineering applications.
The program provides a pathway to a research higher degree.
The Master of Civil Engineering Advanced is offered full-time and on-campus at the Gold Coast.
Civil engineers have a wide range of career opportunities in the building, construction, infrastructure, and mining industries. They undertake projects (design and/or manage) for a variety of public and private sector clients.
More specifically, they provide structural analysis and design services to engineering projects such as roads, bridges, tunnels, water distribution networks and high-rise buildings.
Given the current shortage of civil engineering graduates and experienced civil engineers in Australia, coupled with the huge investment in infrastructure projects nationally and internationally, this degree will enable recently qualified engineering graduates to improve their specialist technical skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Reinforced and Pre-stressed Concrete
- Advanced Geotechnical Engineering
- Advanced Steel Structures
- Advanced Topics in Engineering Management
- Construction Project Management
- Transportation Engineering
- 18 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 74 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent three year or four year Civil Engineering undergraduate degree from a recognised university (or another tertiary education institution of equivalent standing)
- OR a Bachelor Honours degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent four year Civil Engineering undergraduate degree from a recognised university (or another tertiary education institution of equivalent standing)
- OR a Graduate Certificate in Civil Engineering.
International37500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37500 AUD per year during 18 months.
National24500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24500 AUD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.