It imparts the knowledge and skills needed to keep computer networks safe from attacks and threats by teaching how to formulate security policies, deploy network security solutions and validate their effectiveness.
- The Network Security programme at Heriot-Watt University offers as well a detailed understanding of contemporary issues in network security research areas.
- Computer Network Security
- Advanced Network Security
- Research Methods and Project Planning
- Masters Project and Dissertation
- Advanced Software Engineering
- Industrial Programming
- Big Data Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
National deadline is for Scottish and RUK students.
DisciplinesIT Security Cyber Security View 131 other Masters in IT Security in United Kingdom
- Entry requires a good honours degree that includes substantial academic and practical knowledge of Computing and IT.
- Candidates holding a little less than a good honours degree or its equivalent but with compensating qualifications or experience may be admitted to the Postgraduate Diploma programme. Transfer to the MSc will be possible later on if exam and course work performance are at MSc level.
International20808 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20808 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part time fees:
- UK/EU: £4,500
- Overseas: £10,404
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.