Topics covered include international security and terrorism, human rights, religion and identity politics, diplomacy and statecraft, political economy and global governance.
The International Relations program offered by Griffith University expands on the international relations knowledge you'll gain in the graduate certificate.In the masters, you can choose a coursework pathway or a dissertation pathway.
The dissertation pathway can provide a pathway to a higher degree by research for candidates with the qualifying GPA.
You will be prepared to work in roles in internationally focused areas of government, including diplomacy, strategic analysis, defence, immigration and trade and investment relations.
You could also find work in businesses with overseas profiles, international aid and other non-governmental organisations, and news and media organisations.
- International Relation
- International Law and Organisations
- International Security
- Key Issues in Development Studies
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development International Business View 47 other Masters in International Development in Australia
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Arts Education and Law and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
To be eligible for admission to the Master of International Relations, a student must:
- hold a related Bachelor degree (or higher) from a recognised University (or another tertiary education institution of equivalent standing) with a minimum GPA of 4.0 (using a 7.0 scale), OR
- hold a Griffith Graduate Certificate in International Relations (or equivalent) with a minimum GPA of 4.0 (using a 7.0 scale). Students with a Griffith Graduate Certificate in International Relations will receive 40 credit points of advanced standing, OR
- have a combination of alternative admission criteria such as formal, informal and non-formal learning deemed to be equivalent to one of the above.
International30500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30500 AUD per year during 12 months.
National26000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26000 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.