30-hour MACT for career advancement and CPA
MACT courses develop technical expertise in areas such as accounting research, advanced federal taxation, advanced accounting and fraud examination. Other required courses are in business law for accountants and accounting ethics, which help students learn about codes of professional conduct and their role as guardians of the public trust.
The Accounting program of St. Edward's University is structured to allow students to enter with a bachelor’s degree in hand, or for St. Edward's undergraduates to declare a course of study under a five-year integrated degree plan that combines both the BBA and MACT degrees. Apply here for the five-year integrated BBA/MACT degree program (applicants must be currently enrolled in the undergraduate BBA program). Students without a bachelor’s degree in Accounting can complete undergraduate prerequisites at St. Edward's in the same evening format used for graduate courses. Students must consult with the Accounting Department Chair and The Bill Munday School of Business Graduate Advisor to carefully plan for their MACT degree.
MACT students are encouraged to pursue an accounting internship, which is available for academic credit and provides valuable professional and networking experience.
Career paths for graduates are varied and may include:
- Auditor or tax specialist
- Management accountant
- Fraud examiner
- Contracting specialist
- Budget analyst
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Business Law, Contracts and Equity for Accountants
- Advanced Federal Taxation
- Accounting Theory and Practice
- Advanced Accounting Problems
- Accounting Ethics
- Internal Auditing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Accounting Auditing View 32 other Masters in Auditing in United States
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or an equivalent foreign degree
- All applicants must have completed Principles of Accounting or the equivalents, with grades of C or better
- A minimum GPA of 2.75 or better on a 4.0 scale in the final 60 undergraduate semester credit hours of study and an overall GPA of 2.75 or better in all accounting coursework
- A GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale, with no grades less than a B, in no less than 12 graduate semester hours completed at a regionally accredited U.S. college or university or the foreign equivalent
- Competitive score on the GMAT or the GRE
- Applicants educated at the college level in a language other than English must demonstrate English proficiency
- Online application
- Essay: Describe your background and interests and explain why you wish to pursue the degree you are applying for and what you hope to accomplish in this degree program (Up to 500 words)
- Official transcripts
- Three years or more of relevant managerial, professional or military experience.
International1610 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1610 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1610 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1610 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.