Through individual counseling, graduate students are able to develop a course of study for advanced work in areas which complement previous experience and training. There is sufficient flexibility in the program to allow students to pursue their individual areas of interest.
Core Recreation Administration program objectives at the California State University Sacramento are designed to encourage a climate of inquiry and research. Specifically, all students should gain the ability to:
- critically analyze and identify problems;
- develop and utilize appropriate research or inquiry methods of problem solving;
- report clearly and succinctly the results of problem-focused research or inquiry;
- understand the philosophical, historical, and scientific foundations and developments in leisure service systems; and
- identify and demonstrate the values of leisure and recreation to the individual, the community, and society at large.
Career competencies are dependent upon the professional goal of each student. Hence, these vary. After career objectives have been clarified, individual students usually will be educated to:
- develop valid and reliable measures of program evaluation based on theoretical constructs and practical field requirements;
- develop efficient, effective, and meaningful procedures for assessing recreation needs and for allocating resources;
- identify and demonstrate effective decision making processes in leisure service systems; and
- demonstrate an effective interpretation of leisure and recreation data, findings, and procedures, and communicate these in personal and professional environments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Leisure Concepts and Application
- Policies, Issues, and Problems in Recreation, Parks and Tourism
- Advanced Administration in Recreation, Parks and Tourism
- Advanced Research Methods in Recreation, Parks and Tourism
- Culminating Experience: Thesis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesTourism & Leisure View 57 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in United States
- a baccalaureate degree in Recreation Administration
- a detailed resume
- three letters of recommendation
- a writing sample/personal statement
- an online application for admission
- one set of official transcripts from each college and/or university attended, other than Sacramento State
- a detailed resume, including education and employment histories
- unofficial transcripts of all previous academic work
- 3 recent letters of reference that address academic ability and professionalism
Living costs for Sacramento
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.