Through individual counseling, graduate Recreation Administration students from California State University Sacramento are able to develop a course of study for advanced work in areas which complement previous experience and training. There is sufficient flexibility in the program to allow students to pursue their individual areas of interest.
Core program objectives are designed to encourage a climate of inquiry and research. Specifically, all students should gain the ability to:
- critically analyze and identify problems;
- develop and utilize appropriate research or inquiry methods of problem solving;
- report clearly and succinctly the results of problem-focused research or inquiry;
- understand the philosophical, historical, and scientific foundations and developments in leisure service systems; and
- identify and demonstrate the values of leisure and recreation to the individual, the community, and society at large.
- Foundations of Leisure Concepts and Application
- Policies, Issues, and Problems in Recreation, Parks and Tourism
- Advanced Administration in Recreation, Parks and Tourism
- Advanced Research Methods in Recreation, Parks and Tourism
- Culminating Experience: Thesis
- Culminating Experience: Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesRisk Management Tourism & Leisure View 80 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in United States
- a baccalaureate degree in Recreation Administration or related discipline;
- a minimum 2.75 GPA overall and a minimum 3.0 GPA in the major;
- a detailed resume;
- three letters of recommendation;
- a writing sample;
- a personal statement;
- TOEFL/IELTS required for international applicants
Living costs for Sacramento
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.