Students who successfully complete the Geology program at California State University Sacramento will upgrade their educational qualifications and be able to advance to doctoral programs or professional positions that require an in-depth knowledge of geologic topics such as tectonics, hydrogeology, environmental geology, and geologic hazards.
- The University's location in the state capital provides direct access to many local, federal, and state agencies through internship and fieldwork opportunities.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Physical Geology
- Physical Geology Lab
- Earth Materials - Rocks and Minerals
- Igneous and Metamorphic Petrology
- Structural Geology and Tectonics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeography Geology View 264 other Masters in Geology in United States
- a degree in Geology, or 24 units of equivalent upper-division coursework in Geology which must have been passed with a grade of "C-" or better
- a minimum 3.0 GPA in upper division Geology courses;
- three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic record and professional capabilities, sent directly to the Department;
- a brief statement of interest, faculty sponsorship (for the thesis-based option), area of specialty and long-term goals;
- successful completion of two semesters of inorganic Chemistry with a lab (CHEM 1A and CHEM 1B);
- successful completion of two semesters of Physics with a lab (PHYS 11A and PHYS 11B or PHYS 5A and PHYS 5B); and
- successful completion of two semesters of Math
Living costs for Sacramento
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.