A variety of options, related to performance, teaching, culture and research is offered and are dependent on the choice of the student after consultation with the Department. This Performing Arts programme from University of Namibia is recommended and appropriate for all performing arts practitioners
The MA (Performing Arts) programme consists of two parts. In the first year, students will complete an academic coursework course and examination. In the second year, students will write a research thesis.
Candidates must complete a thesis on a topic selected in consultation with the Department, subject to the general regulations for Master’s degree studies at the University. Candidates will undertake advanced studies and research under the guidance of a supervisor appointed by Senate.
After consultation with the supervisor, the candidate must submit the thesis to Senate for approval. Such a thesis should constitute an application of the methods of research and some contribution to the advancement of knowledge in the performing arts. A candidate may be required to attend a course or Courses approved by Senate relating to research methods
- The Research Process
- Qualitative Research Design
- Performance and Research
- Creative Research Design
- Seminars and Presentations
- Writing Proposals, Reports and Publishing
- 24 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Educational Research Theatre & Dance View 3 other Masters in Educational Research in Namibia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To qualify for admission to the MA (Performing Arts) programme, a candidate must normally be in possession of the any of the following qualifications with a final mark in the major(s) of that qualification which complies with the University's regulations regarding admission to postgraduate studies:
- A recognised four-year Bachelor's degree
- A recognised Honours degree
- A recognised postgraduate diploma
- A recognised qualification e quivalent to the above
- Students who wish to register for the MA (Performing Arts) programme should apply in writing to the Head of Department before 31 October of the year preceding intended registration.
- Students who are admitted to the MA (Performing Arts) programme may be required to do additional Courses, before or together with the programme.
- Students will not be allowed to major in fields for which their previous qualifications do not qualify them.
International1810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 905 USD per semester during 24 months.
National460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 230 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Namibian students: 3500 N$ per semester
- Non SADC students: 13800 N$ per semester
Living costs for Windhoek
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.