The study duration shall be two years for full time students. The maximum study period shall not exceed three years. An extension of registration beyond the stipulated maximum study period may be granted by relevant committees if valid reasons are advanced.
Requirements for qualification award
This Applied Geology programme at University of Namibia will be awarded to candidates credited with all 264 credits, and who have met the requirements of the compulsory courses, industrial attachments, field and laboratory practicals as well as the project thesis.
In addition students are required to provide proof of competency of at least one foreign language other than English. It is recommended that students should learn a language that is relevant in internationally operating companies such as French, Russian, German, Spanish or Chinese.
The language course(s) will be offered in consultation with the UNAM Language Centre (non-degree purposes). Student will graduate with an MSc in Applied Geology, either majoring in Exploration & Economic Geology or majoring in Environmental Geology & Hydrogeology depending on the elective courses a student chooses in year two of the programme.
- Applied GIS and Remote Sensing
- Mineral Processing and Metallurgy
- Applied Geochemistry
- Applied Geophysics
- Project Management, Economics and Law
- Research methodology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Namibia and/or in Namibia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- To register for an MSc postgraduate degree programme a candidate must hold a BSc Honours degree in Geology (NQF level 8) or a recognized equivalent qualification. The applicants will be accepted on the basis of their undergraduate record. An average mark of minimum 60% is required. The number of successful applicants will be limited by the availability of resources.
- Radiological Report
- Deed of Surety Form
- Medical Certificate (original)
- Two (2) Passport size photos
- Admission letter from UNAM
- Proof of Registration from UNAM
- Proof of accommodation in Namibia
- Completed main application form and visa form
- Police Clearance from home country (compulsory)
- Reasons for studying in Namibia (write one paragraph)
- Proof of medical aid/ insurance (valid and active)*.
International1810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 905 USD per semester during 24 months.
National460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 230 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Namibian students: 3500 N$ per semester
- Non SADC students: 13800 N$ per semester
Living costs for Windhoek
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.