Currently there are seven emphases for participants: Applied Behavioral Analysis; Educational Technology, Elementary Mathematics; Elementary STEM, English as a Second Language (ESL), Reading I, and Teacher Leadership.
The The Education - Teacher Leadership at Utah Valley University emphasizes coursework that prepares teachers to become instructional leaders, with classes in advanced pedagogy, subject matter content, curriculum design, and assessment.
Core coursework in research methods is required of participants in all options, however, students select a topic for a culminating project according to their interest or area of licensure in K-12 education.
While the Master of Education degree program is designed primarily to enhance the skills and understandings of practicing classroom teachers, it also prepares these graduate students for expanded leadership roles at the school, district, or state level in delivering professional development, designing and evaluating curriculum and textbooks, and mentoring novice teachers.
A Master of Education degree may also qualify a student as an instructor for teacher preparation courses in a community college or as an adjunct instructor at the undergraduate level in a four-year college or university.
Successful completion of this master's degree also provides a valuable foundation for those students who choose to pursue a doctoral degree. Completed coursework in English as a Second Language, Elementary Mathematics, Educational Technology, and the Reading 1 options qualifies students for an endorsement to their existing Utah Teaching Certificate.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Methodology
- Applied Statistics for Education
- Assessing Educational Practices
- 21st Century Teaching and Learning
- Diversity and Differentiation in the Classroom
- Teachers as Leaders
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 1091 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college/university, a nationally accredited program, or an international college or university recognized by a Ministry of Education.
- Any additional or more stringent admissions criteria established by specific graduate programs in addition to the minimum required by the University.
- Complete the online Application for Admission
- Application Fee: Nonrefundable, $35
- Official Transcripts: All High School/College/University transcripts must arrive at UVU in an unopened envelope
- Official ACT or SAT scores
International1171 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1171 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National394 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 394 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.