Currently there are seven emphases for participants: Applied Behavioral Analysis; Educational Technology, Elementary Mathematics; Elementary STEM, English as a Second Language (ESL), Reading I, and Teacher Leadership.
The Education - English as a Second Language Emphasis offered by the Utah Valley University emphasizes coursework that prepares teachers to become instructional leaders, with classes in advanced pedagogy, subject matter content, curriculum design, and assessment.
Core coursework in research methods is required of participants in all options, however, students select a topic for a culminating project according to their interest or area of licensure in K-12 education.
While the Master of Education degree program is designed primarily to enhance the skills and understandings of practicing classroom teachers, it also prepares these graduate students for expanded leadership roles at the school, district, or state level in delivering professional development, designing and evaluating curriculum and textbooks, and mentoring novice teachers.
A Master of Education degree may also qualify a student as an instructor for teacher preparation courses in a community college or as an adjunct instructor at the undergraduate level in a four-year college or university.
Successful completion of this master's degree also provides a valuable foundation for those students who choose to pursue a doctoral degree. Completed coursework in English as a Second Language, Elementary Mathematics, Educational Technology, and the Reading 1 options qualifies students for an endorsement to their existing Utah Teaching Certificate.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Methodology
- Applied Statistics for Education
- Multicultural Education
- Literacy and Linguistics in English as a Second Langauge
- Family and Community Involvement
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Languages View 3493 other Masters in Education in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college/university, a nationally accredited program, or an international college or university recognized by a Ministry of Education.
- Any additional or more stringent admissions criteria established by specific graduate programs in addition to the minimum required by the University.
- Complete the online Application for Admission
- Application Fee: Nonrefundable, $35
- Official Transcripts: All High School/College/University transcripts must arrive at UVU in an unopened envelope
- Official ACT or SAT scores
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.