Core coursework in research, theory, and instructional models or ESL issues is required of all participants, however, students select an area of emphasis for their final instructional project according to their interest or area of licensure in K-12 education. The culminating project is unique to each student, but generally course work and many assignments are completed collaboratively as students work and grow together to pursue learning challenges.
While the Master of Education degree program at Utah Valley University is designed primarily to enhance the skills and understandings of practicing classroom teachers, it also prepares these graduate students for expanded leadership roles at the school, district, or state level in delivering professional development, designing and evaluating curriculum and textbooks, and mentoring novice teachers.
A Master of Education degree may also qualify a student as an instructor for teacher preparation courses in a community college or as an adjunct instructor at the undergraduate level in a four-year college or university. Successful completion of this master's degree also provides a valuable foundation for those students who choose to pursue a doctoral degree. Completed coursework in English as a Second Language, Elementary Mathematics, Educational Technology, and the Reading 1 options qualifies students for an endorsement to their existing Utah Teaching Certificate.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Research Methodology
- Applied Statistics for Education
- Master's Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 4063 other Masters in Education in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college/university, a nationally accredited program, or an international college or university recognized by a Ministry of Education. International Admissions officers shall determine if applicants with international degrees meet the graduate program’s requirement of a recognized bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Any additional or more stringent admissions criteria established by specific graduate programs in addition to the minimum required by the University
- International students must also meet all US government requirements for international students
- International graduate students on visas shall not be admitted or enrolled as non-matriculated students
International10680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5340 USD per semester during 12 months.
National10680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5340 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State3504 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1752 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Orem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.