The Utah Valley University Master of Computer Science has been developed as a part-time program to allow working professionals to continue working full-time while completing their degree. In keeping with the mission of UVU, the degree is focused on developing graduates who will enter the workforce as leaders and innovators by making our course work rigorous, relevant, and practical. While theory and research are always a part of a graduate degree, they are not the focus of the UVU MCS.
What does this mean to you as an MCS student?
- You should expect courses that require 3+ hours of work outside of class for every 1 hour of lecture.
- You should expect multiple hands-on assignments in every course that escalate in both depth and complexity as the course progresses.
- You should expect to gain the fundamental skillset needed to evaluate and, if appropriate, apply the techniques/technologies taught in class in a real-world setting.
- You should expect to work on projects where the lines of code measure in the thousands rather than the hundreds.
- You should expect to work with a faculty mentor/advisor who will help guide you through the process of completing your graduate project.
- You should expect to develop a greater level of confidence for tackling larger and more complex systems.
- You should expect that as alumni of the MCS, your views and opinions will be valued by the CS Department.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Design and Simulation of Operating Systems
- Advanced Mathematics for Computer Science
- Modern Databases
- Software Engineering Leadership
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Artificial Intelligence View 198 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college/university, a nationally accredited program, or an international college or university recognized by a Ministry of Education. International Admissions officers shall determine if applicants with international degrees meet the graduate program’s requirement of a recognized bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Any additional or more stringent admissions criteria established by specific graduate programs in addition to the minimum required by the University
- International students must also meet all US government requirements for international students
- International graduate students on visas shall not be admitted or enrolled as non-matriculated students
International11880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5940 USD per semester during 12 months.
National11880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5940 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State4704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2352 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Orem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.