Students may register either for full-time or part-time study for the Master in Forensic Accounting and Financial Criminology at the University Teknologi Mara.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates are exposed to courses well beyond a 'legal' focus and provide an opportunity to study skills in investigative techniques and the collection of data as well as the skills necessary to not only identify poor management but also unethical and fraudulent activities.
Graduates are expected to acquire independent accounting expert witness skills including preparation for court appearance and cross examinations.
- Legal Aspects of Forensic Accounting
- Accounting Fraud Examination
- Forensic Accounting in Public Sector
- Audit and Investigation
- Risk Management
- Research Methodology
- Commercial Crime Investigation
- Tax Fraud and Investigation
- Money Laundering and Specialized Fraud
- Qualitative and Quantitative Data Analysis
- Issues in Ethics and Governance
- Advanced Corporate Reporting and Analysis
- Seminar in Islamic Accounting and Reporting
- 18 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Forensic Accounting Criminology View 4 other Masters in Criminology in Malaysia
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University Teknologi Mara and/or in Malaysia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy (Honours) from UiTM or any Institution of Higher Learning (recognized by UiTM Senate) with a minimum CGPA of 2.75; or
- Bachelor’s Degree (Honours) in a relevant field from any Institution of Higher Learning (recognized by UiTM Senate) with a minimum CGPA of 2.75; or
- Bachelor’s Degree (Honours) or Professional Degree from any Institution of Higher Learning (recognized by UiTM Senate) with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 with a minimum of 3 years relevant working experience; or
- Professional Accounting Qualification (ACCA, CPA (Australia), CIMA, MICPA, ICAEW, or equivalent) recognized by UiTM Senate.
- Candidates must pass the interview.
International1672 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 836 EUR per semester during 18 months.
- International Tuition Fees Per semester (RM): 3,940
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.