The field of Plant Biotechnology (Green Biotechnology) is undoubtedly one of the most exciting and rewarding areas of study available to students in the twenty first century.
The research culture and academic environment at the Plant Biotechnology program of the National University of Sciences and Technology facilitate the research scholars to show and groom their talent, provide opportunities to outshine their abilities and help them to become professionals who can serve the nation at their turn.
- Plant Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering
- Plant Biochemistry
- Plant Functional Genomics
- Techniques in Plant Molecular Biology
- Plant Virology
- Medicinal Plants
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at National University of Sciences and Technology and/or in Pakistan, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- BSc (4 years) in Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Molecular Biology / Biosciences / Bioinformatics / MBBS/ DVM / BDS
- Sixteen years of schooling or 4 years education after HSSC/A' Level in relevant discipline with minimum CGPA of 2.0 out of 4.0 OR 55% marks (percentage will only be considered if CGPA is not mentioned on the transcript).
- GAT (General) conducted on or after 01 August 2018 by NTS with at least 50 accumulative test score or GRE (General) conducted by ETS, USA with minimum acceptable score.
- Higher Education Apptitude Test (HAT) conducted by HEC in or after March 2019 with atleast 50 accumulative test score
International790 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 790 USD per year during 18 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 18 months.
National students: 88,500 PKR (per semester)
Living costs for Islamabad
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.