The coursework of the Physics program of the National University of Sciences and Technology will be of 24 credit hours, followed by a thesis of 6 credit hours. The PhD program will consist of 18 credit hours of coursework and 30 credit thesis. The course outline and contents will be declared individually for each student to their chosen research areas as advised by their supervisors.
There will also be seminar courses that must be cleared but which will carry no credits. These will be for attending the regular seminar series for MS and PhD and for delivering seminars for PhD. Of the delivered seminars for PhD, one has to be in the thrust area but outside the research area, and another one outside the thrust area.
- Classical Mechanics
- Quantum Mechanics
- Thermal Physics
- Methods of Mathematical Physics
- Differential Equations
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelors (4 years) in Physics
- Bachelor’s degree must be recognized by HEC
- Sixteen years of schooling or 4 years education after HSSC/A' Level in relevant discipline with minimum CGPA of 2.0 out of 4.0 OR 55% marks (percentage will only be considered if CGPA is not mentioned on the transcript)
- GAT (General) conducted on or after 01 August 2018 by NTS with at least 50 accumulative test score
- Higher Education Apptitude Test (HAT) conducted by HEC in or after March 2019 with atleast 50 accumulative test score
International933 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 933 USD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Islamabad
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.