We are living in an age of information explosion where technology has revolutionized information handling and where we can use, preserve and convey any amount of data, anywhere in the world. This, in turn, is fundamentally re-shaping major aspects of our globalised society. Today, information and its communication is becoming the centre of economic activity and as much a factor in production as capital, labour or land. Hence, it is inevitable that we need to train our youth for the challenges of the information age in order to survive and develop and progress.
The Mass Communication program of the National University of Sciences and Technology develops in students the ability to assess the roles and effects of mass media on society and life, and helps them gain specific media production skills through extensive practical work. The programme starts by developing a fundamental understanding of the subject in students by teaching them about the history, values and structure of mass communication in Pakistan and abroad. Students are then trained to analyse the effects of electronic and print media in order to enable them to evaluate media effects on public policy, as well as the impact of public policy on the media. In addition to core courses, students must take some approved media methods/ research courses in social sciences and a number of electives offered in other disciplines such as Anthropology, Sociology, Political Science, Linguistics and Journalism.
- Communication Theory
- Research Methods for Communication
- Fundamentals of Production
- Broadcast Journalism
- Social and Digital Media
- Organizational Communication
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Linguistics View 3 other Masters in Communication Studies in Pakistan
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- BS (04 Years) in Mass Communication/Journalism/Media Studies/Public Relations.
- Bachelors degree must be recognized by HEC/PEC/PM&DC (as applicable) recognized institute.
- Sixteen years of schooling or 4 years education after HSSC/A' Level in relevant discipline with minimum CGPA of 2.0 out of 4.0 OR 55% marks. Percentage will only be considered if CGPA is not mentioned on the transcript.
- GAT (General) conducted on or after 01 August 2018 by NTS with at least 50 accumulative test score or Higher Education Apptitude Test (HAT) conducted by HEC in or after March 2019 with atleast 50 accumulative test score or GMAT conducted by GMAC, USA with minimum 50 percentile score.
International933 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 933 USD per year during 18 months.
National students: 77000 PKR (per semester)
Living costs for Islamabad
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.