Students in the Tourism and Hospitality Management (Research-based) programme at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology may choose one of two options to complete the MTech Tourism and Hospitality Management. Students conduct supervised research in a specialised area of tourism and hospitality management and complete a dissertation.
- Tourism supports employment on a large scale in many parts of the world. As the tourism industry grows, there is an increasing demand from employers for quality graduates with an in-depth understanding of tourism and hospitality, with proven research skills.
- The South African tourism industry is committed to service excellence and professionalism. Effective and professional management in this vibrant industry is the key to achieving sustainable tourism and hospitality development, providing an enabling environment for entrepreneurs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Hospitality Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Hospitality Management Tourism & Leisure View 3 other Masters in Hospitality Management in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A BTech or an equivalent four-year qualification in an appropriate discipline.
- A pass in the language which is the medium of instruction at the University (English or Afrikaans).
- Specific pass grades: IGCSE: A, B or C; HIGCSE: 1, 2 or 3.
- Complete and legible transcripts of academic records in respect of all degrees or other higher education qualifications, together with the final certificates, preceding qualifications leading to any post-graduate or other advanced qualification when the latter is submitted.
- Certificates in foreign languages should be submitted with sworn translations into English by an accredited translator.
- English language proficiency
International622 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 622 EUR per year during 12 months.
National622 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 622 EUR per year during 12 months.
Estimated fee: 10815 ZAR
Living costs for Cape Town
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.