The courses presented cover the highly specialised theoretical soil mechanics, geotechnical engineering and soil-structure interaction to solve soiland foundation engineering problems.
Graduates can augment their skills to increase their marketability in the related areas with the enhanced their knowledge and ability that they have acquired from this Geotechnical Engineering Masters of Science programme from at the Universiti Teknologi Mara.
Geotechnical Highway Engineering (GeoTrEn) spearheads three important areas in civil engineering; namely; geotechnical engineering, highway and transportation engineering. For bachelor’s degree programmes, there are seven main courses offered as well as courses from other centres, such as Engineering Geology, Engineering Survey, Geotechnical Laboratory, Soil Mechanics, Geotechnics, GIS for Engineers, Highway and Traffic Engineering.
There are four courses offered as elective courses, namely Foundation Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Urban Traffic Management and Pavement Engineering. These courses are designed to provide good quality engineering practice to young graduates in the related fields.
Fields of study:
- Ground investigation and geophysical survey
- Advanced foundation engineering analysis and design
- Slope engineering for saturated and partially saturated soils
- Numerical geomechanics for saturated and partially saturated soils
- Earth retaining structure and reinforced walls
- Ground improvement techniques and remediation
- Permeability and seepage remediation in contaminated land
- Ground bourne vibration and related vibration mitigation measures
- Geohazards, geomaterial and rock engineering
- Pavement engineering design and construction
- Advanced pavement material design
- Geometric design and highway capacity
- Traffic impact assessment
- Urban transport management systems
- Road safety and traffic management
- 18 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology View 21 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Malaysia
- Photocopy of Passport - Front page (must be certified as true copy)
- Photocopy of Bachelor Degree certificate - application for master program (must be certified as true copy)
- Photocopy of Bachelor & Master Degree certificates - application for PhD program (must be certified as true copy)
- Photocopy of Examination/Academic Tanscripts (must be certified as true copy)
- Referee Reports – 2 referees
- Application for Master or PhD by research must include a research proposal
- Checklist for the required documents
International2336 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1168 USD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
International Tuition Fees Per semester (RM): 4,840
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.