The International Relations and Security Studies student at Sultan Qaboos University should complete the course work requirements specified in the degree plan with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00. For the thesis, the candidate is required to conduct the necessary literature review, undertake the research, analyse the results, write the report and communicate the results at an oral defence.
This work need not necessarily be original research, but should be a new application of ideas. The student should identify the research problem in consultation with the supervisor, which normally takes place in the second semester.
The student should register for the thesis in the third semester after having completed at least 12 credits of the course work.
- International Relation: Theory and Practice
- Political Economy of the Middle East
- International Law and Organization
- Security Issues: Theory and Practice
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- Defense and Strategic Studies
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Terrorism & Security
- Candidates from other disciplines may be asked to attend additional bridging courses before starting the program.
- Applicant must submit a release letter or a study leave from employer for full time study or no objection letter for part-time study, addressed to the dean of postgraduate studies at SQU. Un-employed applicant needs to submit a statement from The Public Authority of Manpower Register documenting the unemployment status of the applicant.
International9090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9090 USD per year during 24 months.
National6493 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6493 USD per year during 24 months.
- Omani 2500 OMR
- International 3500 OMR
Living costs for Muscat
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.