About this programme
This Master of Information Systems - Intelligent System programme from the Universiti Teknologi Mara Edit exposes students to advanced knowledge to design solution that solves business problems and lead digital strategy and innovation in intelligent computing technologies to fulfill the industry and country aspirations.
The MSc IS provides a solid ground in the core courses of the area, including; Philosophy of Artificial Intelligence, Applied Knowledge-Based Systems, Neural Networks and Applications, Optimization with Natured-Inspired Computing, Seminar in Applied Intelligent Systems, Agent Technology, Advanced Decision Support Systems, Applied Data Mining, Intelligent Security Informatics, Advanced Signal Processing, Advanced Data Networks. Students will have access to the specialist research facilities.
This program is taught by prominent researchers in the field. The teaching methodology is varied from lecture, case study, discussion, and hands-on laboratory.
During the last semester, students will carry out a dissertation project supervised by a member of the faculty. MSc IS graduates will have the opportunity to join in careers in the academic field, industrial research or the digital job market as Application System Developer, Intelligent Software Developer, and Data Analyst.
- Advance Information Systems
- Research Methods in Computing
- Philosophy of Artificial Intelligence
- Advanced Decision Support Systems
- Applied Knowledge-Based Systems
- Neural Networks and Applications
- Seminar in Applied Intelligent Systems
- Optimization with Natured-Inspired Computing
- Shaping Information System Project
- Agent Technology
- 12 months
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences View 19 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Malaysia
- A Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of CGPA 2.75 or its equivalent; OR
- Bachelor Degree qualification or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 and does not meet CGPA 2.75 acceptable subject to stringent internal appraisal process; OR
- Bachelor Degree qualification with CGPA less than 2.50 or its equivalent, can be accepted, with a minimum of five (5) years working experience in the relevant field; OR
- Has certificate of Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) for entry into graduate program.
- For international students, a TOEFL score of 550 or an IELTS score of at least Band 6
International3530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3530 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National1462 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1462 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- National Tuition Fees Per total (RM):6058
- International Tuition Fees Per total (RM):14630
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.