Students in the Quantity Surveying programme from the Cape Peninsula University of Technology conduct supervised research in a specialised area of construction management or quantity surveying and complete a dissertation.This qualification is intended to enable graduates to apply integrated technical knowledge/skills and advanced analysis and problem solving to a particular specialisation in quantity surveying, property development and other related fields, through involvement in an applied research project.
- Employment opportunities are many and varied. The main areas of employment are with building contractors and professional quantity surveyors.
- Opportunities also exist for self-employment, or employment in property development, with mining houses, financial and insurance institutions, with state and semi-state departments and in marketing with retailers and manufacturers in the construction industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health and Safety
- Facility Management
- Project Delivery
- Community Development
- Project Costing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Supply Chain Management & Logistics View 90 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A BTech or an equivalent four-year qualification in an appropriate discipline.
- A pass in the language which is the medium of instruction at the University (English or Afrikaans).
- Specific pass grades: IGCSE: A, B or C; HIGCSE: 1, 2 or 3.
- Complete and legible transcripts of academic records in respect of all degrees or other higher education qualifications, together with the final certificates, preceding qualifications leading to any post-graduate or other advanced qualification when the latter is submitted.
- Certificates in foreign languages should be submitted with sworn translations into English by an accredited translator.
- English language proficiency
International840 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 840 EUR per year during 12 months.
National840 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 840 EUR per year during 12 months.
Estimated fee: 14595 ZAR
Living costs for Cape Town
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.