The Nutritional Sciences program of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, as a specialized, interdisciplinary field, provides advanced training in research, education, and community engagement issues.
Nutritional science is a branch of medical sciences that aims to improve the health and wellbeing of the individuals and community to achieve sustainable development in food products and nutrition systems. The program is designed for students who wish to delve more deeply into nutritional sciences and related research. Graduates of Nutritional Sciences (MSc) will have the ability to work in the fields of education, research, consultancy services to individuals and community and could also participate in food and nutrition program planning and policy making.
Students at Nutritional Sciences of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences will:
- provide educational, research and consultancy services in various areas of the field, including nutritional hygiene, dietetics, community nutrition, food and nutrition planning, and nutritional care, for individuals and groups.
- achieve the optimum quality in both qualitative and quantitative research
- obtain the best possible standard in the field of food and nutrition and to reach an acceptable level in nutritional indices identified by the health care system.
- Human Biochemistry Laboratory
- Public Health in Rural & Urban Communities
- Chemistry Across the Periodic Table
- Analytical Science
- Lactation Physiology
- Food Laws and Regulations
- Food Microbiology
- Genetics Laboratory
- Plant Breeding and Biotechnology
- Plant Biotechnology: Principles and Techniques
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 103 other Masters in Health Sciences in Iran
- Applicants must obtain a record of transcripts from the institution they have attended. There is no minimum required GPA to secure admission to a graduate program. However, competitive applicants have the GPA of 3.00 or above.
- B.Sc. and secondary school or equivalent
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): This includes your personal information as well as your education background and work experience.
- Cover Letter: This letter demonstrates which program you are deciding to apply for.
- Two letters of recommendation\Scanned copy of the main page of your passport in high quality in any graphic format (PDF, JPEG, and PNG)
- Passport-size photo
International5000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 USD per year during 24 months.
National5000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Shiraz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.