At present, medicine is increasingly relying on medical physics. The Medical Physics program of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences is a postgraduate program with an emphasis on physics and technology. It uses physical techniques and principles in diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
Nowadays, medical physics is divided into different specialties, the main ones being radiotherapy, medical imaging, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, dosimetry, radiation protection and radiobiology, as well as the other subjects such as biomechanics, bioelectricity, optics and laser.
The main objective of this program is to:
- Familiarize the students with different medical physics specialties for diagnosis and therapy of diseases.
- Create an ability in graduates to gain knowledge in medical physics independently
- Disseminate the knowledge of medical physics.
- Improve the healthcare, diagnosis and therapeutic methods in medicine.
- Provide a series of educational, research and therapeutic services using the latest scientific principles and methods.
Students at Medical Physics program of Shiraz University of Medical Science will be competent in the following skills:
- Contributing to teaching medical physics to students of various fields according to the university's needs. For example, clinical specialist residency programs in radiotherapy, radiology, nuclear medicine and physical medicine all include medical physics topics.
- Designing, implementing and evaluating basic research and applied techniques in various contexts of the related fields.
- Providing expert services for universities as well as diagnostic and therapy centers. The graduate can provide consulting services on the physics and technology aspects of method and equipment used in medicine.
- Radiological Physics and Dosimetry
- Radiation Protection and Instrumentation
- Computational Medical Physics
- Medical Bioinformatics
- Radiation Therapy Physics
- Physics of Medical Imaging
- Nuclear Medicine
- Advanced Therapy Physics
- Applicants must obtain a record of transcripts from the institution they have attended. There is no minimum required GPA to secure admission to a graduate program. However, competitive applicants have the GPA of 3.00 or above.
- B.Sc. and secondary school or equivalent
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): This includes your personal information as well as your education background and work experience.
- Cover Letter: This letter demonstrates which program you are deciding to apply for.
- Two letters of recommendation\Scanned copy of the main page of your passport in high quality in any graphic format (PDF, JPEG, and PNG)
- Passport-size photo
International5000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 USD per year during 24 months.
National5000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Shiraz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.