The Human Genetics program of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences will offer both taught courses and research programs, helping students to develop their theoretical, communication and practical skills on the broad discipline of Human and Medical Genetics with a special emphasis upon the molecular aspects of the subjects.
The field of Human Genetics is a branch of bio-medical sciences which investigates the chromosome and gene structure of cells. The field includes a number of orientations such as Genetic Engineering, Immunogenetics, Population Genetics, Cancer Genetics, Behavioral Genetics and Biochemical Genetics.
Students at Human Genetics program of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences will:
- develop skills in appreciating and applying the techniques of molecular genetics and cytogenetics to target the existing problems in education and research
- apply their genetic knowledge to offer effective services in laboratory fields.
- be developing their analytical and presentational skills and are encouraged to integrate their course modules and research, and publish their research findings in scientific journals on Human Genetics.
- Genetics and Bioethics
- Population Genetics
- Beyond the Human Genome
- Advances in Human Genetics
- Mthds&Cncpts: Epgntc Regltn St
- Stem Cell Biology
- Stats Conc in Genet&Genom Anal
- Cancer Genetics: Precision Onc
- Human Genetics
- Using Bioinformatics Resources
- Psychiatric Genetics
- Advanced Readings in Genetics
- Language requirements: Evidence of English Proficiency on the TOEFL or IELTS tests. The minimum score for TOEFL PBT, TOEFL iBT and IELTS is 533, 72 and 5.5 respectively.
- Applicants must obtain a record of transcripts from the institution they have attended. There is no minimum required GPA to secure admission to a graduate program. However, competitive applicants have the GPA of 3.00 or above.
- B.Sc. and secondary school or equivalent
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): This includes your personal information as well as your education background and work experience.
- Cover Letter: This letter demonstrates which program you are deciding to apply for.
- Two letters of recommendation\Scanned copy of the main page of your passport in high quality in any graphic format (PDF, JPEG, and PNG)
- Passport-size photo
International5000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 USD per year during 24 months.
National5000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Shiraz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.