The field of Human Genetics is a branch of bio-medical sciences which investigates the chromosome and gene structure of cells. The field includes a number of orientations such as Genetic Engineering, Immunogenetics, Population Genetics, Cancer Genetics, Behavioral Genetics and Biochemical Genetics.
The graduates with a master's degree in this field will be able to perform genetic analysis of human cells and detect certain chromosomal and gene disorders.
The Human Genetics program of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences will offer both taught courses and research programs, helping students to develop their theoretical, communication and practical skills on the broad discipline of Human and Medical Genetics with a special emphasis upon the molecular aspects of the subjects. The program is intended to develop student skills in appreciating and applying the techniques of molecular genetics and cytogenetics to target the existing problems in education and research and to apply their genetic knowledge to offer effective services in laboratory fields.The students are assisted in developing their analytical and presentational skills and are encouraged to integrate their course modules and research, and publish their research findings in scientific journals on Human Genetics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- For more information, please visit the program website.
- A satisfactory academic record: Applicants must obtain a record of transcripts from the institution they have attended. There is no minimum required GPA to secure admission to a graduate program. However, competitive applicants have the GPA of 3.00 or above
- B.Sc. and secondary school or equivalent certificates for the applicants of M.Sc. degree
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): This includes your personal information as well as your education background and work experience
- Cover Letter: This letter demonstrates which program you are deciding to apply for.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Scanned copy of the main page of your passport in high quality in any graphic format (PDF, JPEG, and PNG)
- Passport-size photo
- Language requirements: Evidence of English Proficiency on the TOEFL or IELTS tests. The minimum score for TOEFL PBT, TOEFL iBT and IELTS is 533, 72 and 5.5 respectively
International2000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 USD per year during 24 months.
National2000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Shiraz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.