The Biomedical Engineering program of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences is an integration of Engineering, Basic Sciences, Medicine and Biology. It attempts to bridge toward modern technology while studying the principles and functions of living systems and applying biological and physiological data on the human body, Biomedical Engineering plays a significant role in different areas such as Biomedical Instrumentation, Modeling and Controlling Biologic Systems, Processing of Biologic Signals and Medical Images, Robotics in Medical Design, Neural Networks, Modeling of the Structure and Human Brain Functions, Rehabilitation Engineering and Artificial Organs.
Students at Biomedical Engineering program of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences will gain knowledge in:
- Evaluation, selection and application of new technological systems
- Management of preventive maintenance and repair of medical equipment
- Applied education of medical staff in clinics and hospitals
- Administration of technical hospital information system and collaborating with physicians, technicians and nurses
- Standardization of applied medical engineering systems
- Biomedical Imaging & Bioelectrics
- Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Engineering
- Medical Device Development
- Neural Engineering
- Systems Biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Biology View 4 other Masters in Biomedicine in Iran
- Language requirements: Evidence of English Proficiency on the TOEFL or IELTS tests. The minimum score for TOEFL PBT, TOEFL iBT and IELTS is 533, 72 and 5.5 respectively.
- B.Sc. or equivalent certificates for the applicants of M.Sc. degree.
- Applicants must obtain a record of transcripts from the institution they have attended. There is no minimum required GPA to secure admission to a graduate program. However, competitive applicants have the GPA of 3.00 or above.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): This includes your personal information as well as your education background and work experience.
- Cover Letter: This letter demonstrates which program you are deciding to apply for.
- Two letters of recommendation\Scanned copy of the main page of your passport in high quality in any graphic format (PDF, JPEG, and PNG)
- Passport-size photo
International5000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 USD per year during 24 months.
National5000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Shiraz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.