The Chemical and Process Engineering student at Sultan Qaboos University should complete the course work requirements specified in the degree plan with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00. For the thesis, the candidate is required to conduct the necessary literature review, undertake the research, analyse the results, write the report and communicate the results at an oral defense.
This work need not necessarily be original research, but should be a new application of ideas. The student should identify the research problem in consultation with the supervisor, which normally takes place in the second semester.
The student should or can register for the thesis in the third semester after having completed at least 12 credits of the course work.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Transport Phenomena
- Advanced Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Advanced Chemical Reaction
- Chemical Process Safety
- Advanced process Analysis and Control
- Advanced Heat Transfer
- Directed Studies
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Chemical Engineering View 3 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Oman
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Sultan Qaboos University and/or in Oman, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Candidates from other disciplines may be asked to attend additional bridging courses before starting the program.
- Applicant must submit a release letter or a study leave from employer for full time study or no objection letter for part-time study, addressed to the dean of postgraduate studies at SQU. Un-employed applicant needs to submit a statement from The Public Authority of Manpower Register documenting the unemployment status of the applicant.
International9088 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9088 USD per year during 24 months.
National6491 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6491 USD per year during 24 months.
- Omani 2500 OMR
- International 3500 OMR
Living costs for Muscat
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.