Food and Beverage Management programme at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology is a thesis that strengthens the student’s overall view of the Food and Beverage and Hospitality professions. The Food and Beverage Management programme from the Cape Peninsula University of Technology will ensure that middle and senior level management in the Food and beverage and hospitality, food service sectors have the requisite competencies and associated proficiency to succeed at strategic level.
Food and Beverage and Food Service have become one of the world’s most significant sectors due to the economic activities of tourism over the last fifty years. International tourism is responsible for the movement of many millions of people each year, traveling for a variety of reasons, including holidays, business, education, health and visiting friends and relatives.
A significant industry is required to enable tourism to take place, while various public sector organizations are concerned with tourism development and marketing. Food and Beverage in the Hospitality industry supports employment on a large scale in many parts of the world.
- As the tourism industry grows and tourism develops, there is an increasing demand from employers for quality graduates with an in-depth understanding of Food and Beverage and hospitality with proven research skills.
- The South African Food and Beverage, Hospitality and Tourism Industry are committed to service excellence and professionalism. Effective and professional management in this vibrant industry is the key to achieving sustainable Food and Beverage and hospitality development, providing an enabling environment for entrepreneurs.
- The Institution supports these goals and provides for further development at senior level in food and beverage management tourism, hospitality and food service management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Food Science
- Food Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Supply Chain Management & Logistics Food Sciences View 20 other Masters in Food Sciences in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A BTech or an equivalent four-year qualification in an appropriate discipline.
- A pass in the language which is the medium of instruction at the University (English or Afrikaans).
- Specific pass grades: IGCSE: A, B or C; HIGCSE: 1, 2 or 3.
- Complete and legible transcripts of academic records in respect of all degrees or other higher education qualifications, together with the final certificates, preceding qualifications leading to any post-graduate or other advanced qualification when the latter is submitted.
- Certificates in foreign languages should be submitted with sworn translations into English by an accredited translator.
- English language proficiency
International619 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 619 EUR per year during 12 months.
National619 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 619 EUR per year during 12 months.
Estimated fee: 10765 ZAR
Living costs for Cape Town
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.