At Design from Cape Peninsula University of Technology the research problem, its justification, process and outcome is reported in a dissertation which complies with the generally accepted norms for research at this level.
CareersThe main fields of employment are advertising agencies, design studios, printing and publishing houses. Employment opportunities also exist in government institutions such as museums, library services and medical institutions. After gaining practical experience, a designer may decide to become self-employed as freelance. Areas of specialisation include digital design, illustration, packaging, corporate identity, photography etc.
- Fashion design
- Industrial design
- Jewellery design & manufacture
- Surface design
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Fashion Design View 12 other Masters in Design in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Cape Peninsula University of Technology and/or in South Africa, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A BTech or an equivalent four-year qualification in an appropriate discipline.
- A pass in the language which is the medium of instruction at the University (English or Afrikaans).
- Specific pass grades: IGCSE: A, B or C; HIGCSE: 1, 2 or 3.
- Complete and legible transcripts of academic records in respect of all degrees or other higher education qualifications, together with the final certificates, preceding qualifications leading to any post-graduate or other advanced qualification when the latter is submitted.
- Certificates in foreign languages should be submitted with sworn translations into English by an accredited translator.
- English language proficiency
International206 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 206 EUR per year during 12 months.
National206 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 206 EUR per year during 12 months.
The Upfront payment for a day student will be R3 500.The upfront payment for students staying at Residence will be R5 000.
Living costs for Cape Town
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.