At Design from Cape Peninsula University of Technology the research problem, its justification, process and outcome is reported in a dissertation which complies with the generally accepted norms for research at this level.
CareersThe main fields of employment are advertising agencies, design studios, printing and publishing houses. Employment opportunities also exist in government institutions such as museums, library services and medical institutions. After gaining practical experience, a designer may decide to become self-employed as freelance. Areas of specialisation include digital design, illustration, packaging, corporate identity, photography etc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fashion design
- Industrial design
- Jewellery design & manufacture
- Surface design
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Fashion Design
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A BTech or an equivalent four-year qualification in an appropriate discipline.
- A pass in the language which is the medium of instruction at the University (English or Afrikaans).
- Specific pass grades: IGCSE: A, B or C; HIGCSE: 1, 2 or 3.
- Complete and legible transcripts of academic records in respect of all degrees or other higher education qualifications, together with the final certificates, preceding qualifications leading to any post-graduate or other advanced qualification when the latter is submitted.
- Certificates in foreign languages should be submitted with sworn translations into English by an accredited translator.
- English language proficiency
International203 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 203 EUR per year during 12 months.
National203 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 203 EUR per year during 12 months.
The Upfront payment for a day student will be R3 500.The upfront payment for students staying at Residence will be R5 000.
Living costs for Cape Town
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.