For admission to the Master of Teaching (Secondary) at University of the Sunshine Coast, your bachelor degree disciplines must align with the current subject offerings of Queensland schools.
- Build on your existing subject knowledge with discipline-specific courses that will get you ready for the classroom
- Learn how to assess students’ learning needs, design lesson plans and manage a diverse classroom
- Complete Supervised Professional Experience in three blocks, totalling 60 days of practice teaching, with the opportunity to gain experience in rural and remote areas throughout Queensland
- Enhance your knowledge and skills through ongoing professional development seminars and employment forums, meeting with representatives from major employers, The Queensland College of Teachers, teacher unions and international recruiters
Career opportunitiesTeacher in secondary schools (Years 7-12), education consultant, corporate trainer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Individual Learner Needs
- Professional Experience: Managing Learning Environments
- Literacy and Numeracy across the Curriculum
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Perspectives in Teaching and Learning
- Using Data for Learning
- Teacher as Researcher
- Teacher as Global Practitioner
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 094769F
- Research has shown that the most effective teachers are those who have academic capability, literacy and numeracy skills, and personal characteristics (non-academic capabilities). Entry to this program requires that applicants meet academic and non-academic criteria.
- Applicants must have completed a non-Education Bachelor's degree (AQF Level 7), or equivalent, with a minimum GPA of 4.0 from a recognised tertiary institution. In addition, applicants must satisfy the discipline study requirements of at least one-quarter of a degree in a nominated first teaching area and one-sixth of a degree in a nominated second teaching area. Teaching Area One and Teaching Area Two must be from contrasting subject areas or different discipline areas and contain no more than 2 introductory courses in each area.
- Personal statement
International27400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27400 AUD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.