In this degree you will:
Develop your skills as a critically reflective and analytical social work practitioner
Build the advanced innovative knowledge and skills required to undertake social action, community development, policy analysis and development, advocacy and research
Complete two field education placements (1000 hours in total) to integrate classroom learning with practical workplace experience in a huge range of fields, including health and mental health, child protection, disability, substance abuse, family violence, homelessness, working with young people, families, the elderly, refugees and Indigenous communities
This Master of Social Work (Qualifying) degree at University of the Sunshine Coast opens up jobs in diverse social work settings including health, mental health, family support, child protection, aged care, youth work, income support, community development, refugee and migrant support, Indigenous rights and human service management. Employment opportunities as a social worker are in demand in government organisations, community agencies, and in private practice in Australia and overseas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engaging Effectively with Aboriginal People
- Advanced Social Research
- Critical Social Theory: Power, Critique and Praxis
- Engaging effectively with culturally diverse people
- Master of Social Work Field Education
- Collective Critical Practice: Developmental Approaches
- Ethical Social Work Practice in Complex Contexts
- Advocacy and Leadership in Social Policy Contexts
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 073869J
- Applicants must hold a relevant 3-year Bachelor degree (AQF Level 7) that contains at least one year, or the equivalent, of full-time studies in social and behavioural sciences. This is the minimum entry requirement as set out by the ASWEAS guidelines (2019).
- If an applicant's prior degree has not specifically addressed the above, they may be required to undertake additional foundational study as determined by the School of Social Science (usually the Program Coordinator of Master of Social Work (Qualifying)).
- Applicants must complete a Personal Statement Form
International25400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25400 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.