Our fully accredited Master of Counselling Program at University of the Sunshine Coast provides a holistic integrated and evidence-based pathway to becoming a "registered counsellor". This Program will lead you to the acquisition of advanced skills, theoretical knowledge and clinical experience through classroom activities, blended learning and internship placements.
You will learn the art of assessment and case conceptualization and build a strong ethical framework for practice.
Supervised internships of 200 hours each semester of your final year, take place in a variety of counselling settings. This practical training prepares you for a rewarding professional career as a counsellor and eligibility to join the Australian Counselling Association (ACA), Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA), and listing as a "Registered counsellor" on the Australian Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (ARCAP).
The Master of Counselling opens new possibilities for you to work as a counsellor, including private practice, health and human service settings. It will interest you if you want a career change or to fine-tune your existing qualifications by adding a vocational emphasis. If you are already an experienced counsellor, this gives you an academic qualification to formalise years of work and opens pathways to further research, such as through undertaking PhD research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Design: Methodology and Literature Review
- Counselling Interventions: Expressive Therapies
- Advanced Counselling Skills and Theories
- Professional Development and Supervision
- Professional Development 2: Grief, Loss and Trauma
- Counselling Children and Young People
- Counselling and Mental Health
- Counselling and Addictions
- Solution Focused Therapeutic Approaches
- Ethics and Reflective Practice
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 079913F
To be eligible for admission as a domestic student to a postgraduate program at the University of the Sunshine Coast, an applicant needs to:
- have completed a bachelor degree from an Australian higher education institution or recognised equivalent. In addition, programs may have additional requirements including:
- some prior study in a particular area
- a minimum GPA in undergraduate study
- particular work or professional experience
- professional standing / recognition in, or membership of, a professional body
International25400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25400 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.