- Immerse yourself in a holistic integrated and evidence-based pathway to becoming a registered counsellor
- Acquire advanced skills, theoretical knowledge and clinical experience through classroom activities, blended learning and internship placements
- Be exposed to advanced counselling skills and theories, counselling and mental health, counselling and addictions, counselling children and young people, mindfulness-based interventions, expressive therapies and solution focused brief therapy.
- Learn the art of assessment and case conceptualisation
- Build a strong ethical framework for practice
- Human services
- Private practice
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Expressive Therapies: Counselling with the Creative Arts
- Advanced Counselling Skills: Interpersonal Processes
- Professional Development: Clinical Practice
- Professional Development: Grief, Loss and Trauma
- Counselling Children and Young People
- Counselling and Mental Health
- Counselling and Addictions
- Solution Focused Therapeutic Approaches
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology School Counselling Counselling Psychology View 101 other Masters in Psychology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS code: 079913F
- A student entering the Master of Counselling will normally be required to hold an approved 3-year degree in Counselling (AQF Level 7) or a Bachelor Degree (AQF Level 7) in other cognate areas as approved by the University.
- Entry by non-graduates who have extensive relevant industry experience may be considered on a case-by-case basis by the Head of School, Social Sciences.
- Applicants are required to complete an additional personal statement and attend an interview (refer to application form). Interviews for International students on a Student visa will be conducted by Skype.
- Applicants must hold a valid Suitability Card (Blue Card), which is issued by the Public Safety Business Agency, prior to commencement. Please see the Blue Card link for further details.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26000 AUD per year during 24 months.
National24696 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24696 AUD per year during 24 months.
- National students are commonwealth supported - A$8,842/ year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.