We are committed to the formation of scholars and high-quality professionals who are ethical, competent, compassionate, and committed to the service of their respective professions, the Church, the nation, and the global community.
Upon successful completion of the MA in Library and Information Science at University of Santo Tomas, the graduate will be able to:
- The learner will have demonstrated the ability to do technical works (cataloguing, indexing, abstracting, and etc. ) in the field of library and information science.
- The learner will apply creative and critical thinking skills in addressing issues in librarianship and information science and research capabilities in analysing, interpreting, evaluating, synthesizing, disseminating and/or applying theoretical and practical knowledge on the different aspects of library and information science.
- The learner will have demonstrated the competence in the preparation of proposals and innovative programs for the strategic management and exhibited positive attitude and ethical values that contribute to the success of the library organization.
- Foundation Of Library and Information Science
- Advanced Collection Management
- Advanced Library Management
- Organization of Recorded Knowledge and Information
- Archives and Records Management
- Advanced Information Literacy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLibrary Science Informatics & Information Technology View 3 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in Philippines
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- Two (2) Referral Forms: 1) from the current immediate superior or Dean; and 2) from a professor in a specialization / major subject
- Personal Data Sheet
- TOEFL English Proficiency
- a photocopy (but duly certified true) of latest Transcript of Records
- one (1) colored, passport-size, recent photo
- any document(s) attesting to passing the Bar / Board Exam, or being a scholar of any agency (optional)
International1156 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 578 EUR per semester during 12 months.
National1156 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 578 EUR per semester during 12 months.
- 32,715 PHP
Living costs for Manila
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.