The graduate will be able to perform static, kinematic and dynamic analysis of mechanisms to apply a knowlidge of fracture mechanics in the evaluation of limit states of components and structures, to assess the reliability and durability of machines, thermal stresses and solve technical task of flow dynamics in hydro-mechanical and thermodynamical systems.
In specific applications he will be able to utilize and further develop computer support in the design, especially by means of FEM. The graduate applies as a calculator engineer or researcher in engineering plants and also, after increasing the qualification in doctoral studies, as a researcher.
The main emphasis in graduate education in the field of Applied Mechanics from the Technical University of Ostrava is on the readiness and ability to develop, elaborate and practical use of modern computational and experimental approaches to solve technical problems.
Graduates will be able to perform static, kinematic and dynamic analysis of mechanisms and structures, to apply fracture mechanics in the assessment of limit states of components and structures, to assess the reliability and durability of machines, temperature loading, deal with technical tasks, flow dynamics and hydro-thermodynamic systems and heat and mass transfer.
- In specific applications, graduates will be able to use and further develop computer aids in design, structural and research and development activities. However, the main aim is focused on the preparation and ability to develop, elaborate on and practically use computerized procedures in solving technical problems.
- Using expert knowledge they will be able to independently identify and creatively solve theoretical or practical problem in the field, independently solve complex problems using the selected theories, concepts and methods of the field and use some of the most advanced research approaches in the field in a manner allowing to obtain new original information.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Experimental Modal Analysis
- Mechanics of structures
- Thermal stress
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Mathematics Robotics View 8 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- e-Application form
- Copies of graduation certificates (Diploma and Diploma Supplement or Transcript of Records)
- Recognition document of graduation certificate - official document to say that the degree is recognized in the Czech Republic
- Payment of Registration Fee 500 CZK per 1 study programme, it is non-refundable.
- Valid visa and passport.
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.