The Innovative Road and Bridge Engineering programme at Riga Technical University was developed in the light of higher professional education trends in Europe.
The program is designed to be recognizable in Europe, so that students gain both theoretical knowledge and practical skills to be competitive and the corresponding requirements of the labor market.
- Postgraduates become qualified experts who can design roads, bridges and other structures for transport infrastructure, manage and maintain these structures; can make the design calculations, are familiar with construction material technology and construction management; can organize and manage the site resources professionally and in a cost-effective manner – may make the construction and operation process of planning and monitoring; can conduct scientific research and the development of new construction engineering theories and methods.
- Scientific Researches and Innovations
- Innovative Pavement Structure Design
- Nonlinear Analysis of Reinforced Concrete Bridges
- Dimensional Road Design
- Risk and Safety in Bridge Engineering
- Innovative Timber and Reinforced Concrete Bridges
- Durability of Bridge Structures
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Transportation Engineering View 3 other Masters in Transportation Engineering in Latvia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Riga Technical University and/or in Latvia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Professional Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or Professional Bachelor Degree in Transportation Engineering or comparable education. Education documents must be accompanied by English translations of all certificates and transcripts along with approval of the documents authenticity;
- Students applying for master programmes will be asked to record a video interview.
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Riga
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.