The family (individual across the lifespan) nurse practitioner MSN option emphasizes primary care for individuals and families across the life span.
You’ll be prepared to provide primary care in a number of settings including family practices, community health centers, hospital out-patient clinics, urgent care facilities, and ER fast-track. Our program emphasizes a holistic approach to the management of family health through interdisciplinary collaboration.
After this Nursing - Family program at Widener University, you will be eligible to sit for the American Nurses Credentialing Center or the American Association of Nurse Practitioners certification exam.
Diverse Clinical Experience
- Primary care can be provided in a number of settings. Our program will introduce you to the different setting options through diverse clinical experiences at the region’s top health care facilities and systems.
- On campus, you’ll have access to practice your skills in real-world scenarios in our state-of-the-art simulation and testing center.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Family Dynamics
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Family Nursing
- Advanced Nursing Leadership
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing View 746 other Masters in Nursing in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Complete online application.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or equivalent from an accredited program.
- Minimum of 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) in a BSN program.
- Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions of higher education.
- Completion of an undergraduate statistics/research course with a grade of C or better.
- Two recommendations, preferably from professional nurses with graduate degrees, regarding applicant’s practice and potential for graduate work in nursing.
- Valid U.S. license as a registered nurse. NP or CNS option requires PA State Board of Nursing licensure prior to start of clinicals or as appropriate.
- Satisfactory scores (550 written and 213 computer-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all applicants from non-English speaking countries.
- Personal Statement.
- Updated resume.
International972 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 972 USD per credit and a duration of 18 months.
National972 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 972 USD per credit and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.