The Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist program at the Widener University focuses on delivery of care for late adolescents, adults, and senior adults in wellness through acute care settings, including emergency and critical care environments.
After program completion, you will be eligible to sit for either the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN) national certification as an Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist. As a certified CNS, you'll be on the track to earning a doctorate-level degree.
Close Faculty Mentorship
- Partner with nursing professors who bring years of clinical experience to the classroom.
- You’ll join a student nursing community that is guided by close mentorship and one-on-one support from our full-time faculty.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Nursing Science
- Nursing Leadership for Advanced Practice
- Advanced Practice Nursing: Current Perspectives
- The Health Care Environment: Technology and Health Policy
- Using Research for Evidence-Based Practice
- Population Health and Epidemiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing View 698 other Masters in Nursing in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Complete online application.
- Application fee of $35.
- Personal Statement.
- Updated resume.
- Two recommendations, preferably from professional nurses with graduate degrees, regarding applicant’s practice and potential for graduate work in nursing.
- Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions of higher education.
- Valid U.S. license as a registered nurse. NP or CNS option requires PA State Board of Nursing licensure prior to start of clinicals or as appropriate.
- Satisfactory scores (550 written and 213 computer-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all applicants from non-English speaking countries.
International972 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 972 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National972 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 972 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.