The Department of Counseling, Rehabilitation and Psychometric Services, which offers graduate level training for aspiring counselors and psychometrist, received national accreditation for it's Clinical Mental Health Counseling and School Counseling programs from the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
Students who complete the Rehabilitation Counseling program from Jackson State University meet the criteria required to apply for counselor licensing.
Our counselors address social problems, assist consumers in productive living, and meet the needs of citizens with disabilities in the state of Mississippi.
The faculty regularly engages in research and scholarly endeavors. Student research is strongly encouraged with opportunities for students to present scholarly papers at professional conferences and to publish with faculty. Each student is encouraged to become a member of the international counseling academic honor society, Chi Sigma Iota, Beta Omicron Chapter.
- Medical Information
- Psychological Aspects of Rehab
- Research in Rehabilitation
- Seminar in Rehabilitation
- Multicultural Counseling Rehab
- Vocational Appraisal
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Adult Education Counselling View 971 other Masters in Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for Admission. Click here to access the Graduate School Application.
- Out-of-state and International applicants must submit a $25.00 application fee. Applications will not be processed without payment of the application fee. Payment is made by using a credit/debit card at the time of application. Application payments are processed as part of the application.
- A satisfactory TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS score
International28800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 960 USD per credit during 12 months.
National28800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 960 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State13800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 460 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Jackson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.