The educational objectives of the Computer Science program from Jackson State University are to graduate students who will be able to:
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of Computer Science and a focused understanding of their area of expertise.
- Apply their knowledge and analytical skills to create effective and novel solutions to both practical and research problems.
- Adapt to rapidly changing technology and engage in life-long learning.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students receiving an MS degree in Computer Science should be able to:
- Describe concepts of computer architecture, operating systems, and programming.
- Apply mathematical foundations, computational theory, and algorithmic principles to solve computing problems.
- Turn complex programming specifications into well-designed and well-tested computer programs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current technologies, protocols, applications, and tools necessary for computing practice.
- Communicate effectively and work both collaboratively and independently.
- Programming Fundamentals
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Computer Architecture and Organization
- Discrete Structures
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Operating Systems
- Digital Logic
- Digital Logic Laboratory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Software Engineering View 491 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for Admission. Click here to access the Graduate School Application.
- Out-of-state and International applicants must submit a $25.00 application fee. Applications will not be processed without payment of the application fee. Payment is made by using a credit/debit card at the time of application. Application payments are processed as part of the application.
- A satisfactory TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS score
International6520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3260 USD per semester during 12 months.
National6520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3260 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State5520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2760 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Jackson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.