The 69-credit concentration in art therapy gives a broad understanding of the most current theory and research related to clinical art therapy, mental health counseling, and trauma.
- The Art Therapy concentration from Thomas Jefferson University is a 69-credit, 23-course curriculum that can be completed in two to three years, depending on the course load taken.
- The full-time hybrid program includes weekly on-campus classes and asynchronous online requirements.
- History and Theory of Art Therapy
- Ethics, Standards and Professional Orientation in Art Therapy
- Studio and Techniques of Art Therapy
- Orientation to the Counseling Profession
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology School Counselling View 564 other Masters in School Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Thomas Jefferson University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Transcripts: Submit official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions you have attended and/or from which you earned credit. Official transcripts can be sent electronically by the institution to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the address above.
- Personal Statement: In 1250 words or less, please respond to the following:
- Personal reflection on your reasons for choosing a career in counseling, and specifically trauma-focused counseling.
- Highlight personal qualities or characteristics that will serve you well in this graduate program and in the counseling profession more broadly.
- Letters of Recommendation: Submit two letters of reference that provide insight into your academic competence. References from college or university faculty members are recommended. You may request recommendations through your MyJefferson account.
- Résumé: A current professional résumé is required.
International42297 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1226 USD per credit during 24 months.
National42297 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1226 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.