Learning outcomes of the Lifestyle Medicine programme at Lithuanian University of Health Sciences
- consult individuals about healthy lifestyle (nutrition (diet), physical activity, harmful habits and stress control) on matters within their competences, according to the need in collaboration with health care professionals;
- evaluate the risk of harmful habits and addictions, unhealthy nutrition, lack of physical activity and other health risk factors;
- ability to increase personal motivation to change behavior, to create a personal behavioral correction plan and assess changes of behavior;
- ground priority of health strategy and policies, principles of health system management and evaluation, modern health impact assessment methods; promote and implement in practice modern healthy lifestyle principles for the society;
- define needs and possibilities of the primary, secondary and tertiary disease prevention; implement interventions, based on disease prevention programs, environment and lifestyle change projects; implement them and evaluate their effectiveness;
- identify and assess the environmental, lifestyle, psychosocial and biological health risk factors; holistically approach to their management;
- analyze and interpret the population health indicators, organize and implement population and individual health monitoring and evaluation;
After the graduation you can:
- prevent and manage different risk factors, change individual behaviors related to chronic noncommunicable diseases, and also work as members in medical teams, especially primary services setting, public health bureaus and private practice;
- continue studies for doctoral degree;
- Public Health,
- Physical Activity and Health,
- Mental Health and Lifestyle,
- Research Work in Lifestyle Medicine,
- Preparation of Master’s Thesis
- Preparation of Master's Thesis
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 13 other Masters in Health Sciences in Lithuania
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International students could be admitted into the English programme of the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences if they provide the legalized high school or college certificate and transcript (officially translated into English) and meet the Entrance Exam requirements (see Entrance Exam).
- Good grades in biology, chemistry and physics will give preference. Good knowledge of the English language is obligatory (see below the list of 'Items to be submitted').
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEA5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.