After completing courses in their chosen domains on the Social Sciences course from Hong Kong Shue Yan University, students proceed to the Graduate Seminar. The Graduate Seminar aims to consolidate and extend knowledge accumulated through coursework, while also building independent research skills that are vital to the pursuit of further learning.
- To Explain how social values are shaped by institutional transformations brought about by the state and market.
- To analyze how individual citizens re-orientate themselves within the social structure amid rapid and radical social changes.
- To explore the possibility and conditions for the emergence of new systems of social values in the family, community, and state.
- To compare and contrast the different transformation paths of social values and morality in various Chinese societies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theorizing Market and State
- Changing Social Values and Morality
- Religion and Market Economy
- Mobility, Migration, and Inequality
- Civil Society and Citizenship
- Politicizing and Commoditizing Cultures
- Collective Memories in Chinese Societies
- Heritage, Governance and Nationalism
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Starts from October/November each year. We begin to make admission decisions on applications received on a first-come-first-served basis.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Ethnic Studies Sociology View 16 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Hong Kong (SAR)
Full-time applicant of taught postgraduate programmes in HKSYU
- Applicants must have achieved a First Class or Second Class (Upper Division) Undergraduate Honours degree or its equivalent
- Applicants must demonstrate that their previous research experiences are commensurate with subject areas recognized by the respective programmes.
International11481 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11481 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National11481 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11481 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
HK$89,000 for the Program
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.