About Counselling Psychology at Hong Kong Shue Yan University
The Master of Social Sciences in Counselling Psychology from Hong Kong Shue Yan University is designed to create a distinct professional identity for Counselling Psychologists, and to contribution toward meeting the currently psychological needs within the community.
Graduates from Clinical Psychology tend to deal with more severely disturbed patients, and in fact are trained to work in psychiatric settings. However, graduates in Counselling Psychology work with healthier and less pathological clients, and usually conduct more career and vocational counselling.
- Research Methods in Counselling Psychology
- Assessment and Evaluation for Counselling Psychology
- Professional Practice and Ethical Issues in Counselling Psychology
- Cultural and Individual Diversity
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Psychology View 15 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in Hong Kong (SAR)
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Hong Kong Shue Yan University and/or in Hong Kong (SAR), please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A completed application shall consist of the following documents:
- Application form
- A Photocopy of HKID Card/Passport
- An application fee of HK$200
- Photocopies of degree certificates
- Official transcripts from post-secondary institutions/universities attended
- (Transcript Request Form (pdf version/ doc version) - Please also send this form to your appropriate officer of institution from which the transcript is requested. SYU graduates need not request transcripts from the Registry, copies of past results will suffice)
- A photocopy of each professional qualification obtained as stated on the application form
- 2 signed and sealed Referee Reports (pdf version/ doc version)
International9639 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 306 USD per credit during 24 months.
National9639 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 306 USD per credit during 24 months.
HKD 151,200 (HKD 2,400 per credit)
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.