The Sustainable Energy Engineering program offered by Waterford Institute of Technology will focus on Sustainable and Low energy building design; Building energy performance and analysis; Dynamic thermal simulation; Low and zero carbon heat and power generation technologies; Energy policy and legislation; Energy auditing; Facilities management and Building pathology and investigation.
The knowledge, skills and competencies that participants will gain are relevant to their career development. This programme is developed to meet the Level 9 criteria as set out by the National Qualifications Authority of Ireland (NQAI). The treatment of all programme subjects will encourage the development of powers of analysis, of synthesis and of communication. This will be achieved by building upon both the undergraduate studies and postgraduate experience of participants to develop a broader understanding of low energy building design and management. In addition the selection of a research topic for a dissertation will allow the student to concentrate on one or more of these directions.
Graduates from this programme will be equipped with knowledge and skills to supplement their existing areas of expertise and allow them to progress to a career in the design or management of energy in buildings either in Ireland or abroad.Typical career opportunities for graduates can be found in fields such as:
Energy Management within a corporate structure
Energy Management Consultancy
Construction Industry Design Professional
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Methods
- Personal Effectiveness
- Statistical Analysis
- Dynamic Thermal Simulation – Building Fabric
- Building Services Systems
- Passive and low energy building design
- Sustainability & the Environment
- Advanced Dynamic Thermal Simulation - Services Systems
- Energy Auditing
- Building Pathology & Investigation
- Facilities Management
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Energy View 13 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in Ireland
- Applicants for the MSc in Sustainable Energy Engineering should hold a NFQ Level 8 Honours degree in Engineering, Science or cognate discipline.
- Applicants who do not hold the standard qualifying NFQ Level 8 qualification criteria, but have relevant industrial experience may be considered for admission to the programme under the Institute’s Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process and subject to an interview.
- Applicants whose primary language is not English must submit evidence of competency in English.
International10500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA4950 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4950 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Waterford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.