The Electronic Engineering programme offered by Waterford Institute of Technology is at NFQ Level 9 and has been designed to meet the accreditation standard of Engineers Ireland at Chartered level.
A module entitled Mathematical Modelling will enhance the analytical skills of students while important engineering management skills will be dealt with in the Technology Management module. The programme is designed to develop the student's knowledge and skills through a study programme which links theory and practice.
The programme will also provide students with experience of carrying out post-graduate level research in selected topic areas. The Masters degree requires successful completion of ten compulsory modules and two out of four elective modules. The student must also complete an applied programme consisting of the design project plus dissertation, the mini-project and the workshop seminar series
Students who complete this programme will be converse in professional communications, research methods, professional development and professional practice; allowing them to fully utilise the core technical skill base acquired to continue to further their professional and educational development.
Typical job functions include: Chartered Engineer, Research Scientist,Integrated Circuit Design Engineer, Semiconductor Design & Fabrication Engineer, Digital System Design Engineer, Telecommunications Engineer, Wireless Communications Engineer, Project Engineer, Engineering Manager.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Technology Management
- HDL Digital Design
- Mathematical Modelling
- Semiconductor Device Engineering
- Analogue IC Design
- Digital Communications
- Embedded Systems Design
- Wireless Communications
- Advanced DSP
- Mixed Signal IC Design (E)
- Semiconductor Process Engineering
- Nanotechnology (E)
- Optoelectronics (E)
- Communication Networks (E)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Digital Communication View 16 other Masters in Digital Communication in Ireland
- Applicants for the Masters in Electronic Engineering should hold a NFQ Level 8 Honours (2.2) degree in Electronic Engineering or cognate discipline (e.g. computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, telecommunications, physics with electronics, etc.).
- Applicants who do not hold the standard qualifying NFQ Level 8 qualifi cation criteria, but have relevant industrial experience may be considered for admission to the programme under the Institute’s Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process and subject to an interview.
- Applicants whose primary language is not English must submit evidence of competency in English.
International10500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA4950 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4950 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Waterford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.