A change in career is a common reality for many – you might be interested in forging a path in a new line of work or be ready to gain expertise in a new area of interest. Changing careers is a great way to open a range of new job opportunities and show employers that you’re adaptable and unafraid of change.
This Professional Accounting Master’s degree from Unitec Institute of Technology, has been designed for those who would like to pursue a new career in professional accounting. It’s a conversion programme, meaning you have the advantage of covering core knowledge and competencies - and developing higher level capabilities - quickly so you can start working as soon as possible.
- Facilitates a career change. No prior experience in accounting or commerce is required.
- Applied learning. Utilise case studies and scenario-based learning to apply theory and skills to real-world situations.
- Blended course delivery. Learn in a variety of different ways from facilitated workshops and interactive lectures to online learning, presentations and discussions, and self-directed learning.
- Complete a research project. Undertake a research project in an area of accounting you’re interested in exploring.
- Do an internship. Apply advanced accounting skills in an organisation to gain valuable work experience.
- Post-study work visa. International students can apply for a post-study work visa to gain work experience in New Zealand.
- Recognised by professional accounting bodies. This programme provides you with the academic requirements for membership with CA ANZ and CPA Australia.
Advanced Financial Accounting
Strategic Management Accounting
Audit and Assurance
- 18 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFinance Accounting Taxation View 5 other Masters in Taxation in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For this programme, you will need the following:
- A Bachelor's degree or Level 7 Graduate Diploma in the same or similar discipline with a B- average or above
- A minimum of 8 credits at NCEA Level 2 in English (4 in reading, 4 in writing)
- Have achieved NCEA Level 3 and New Zealand University entrance
- Be able to provide evidence you satisfy our criteria for existing English proficiency
- Have achieved at least one English proficiency outcome in the last two years
International19607 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19607 USD per year during 18 months.
National5446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5446 USD per year during 18 months.
- $7,500 (NZD)
- $27,000 (NZD)
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.